And so I decided to update bout my whereabouts and what I've been up to these couple 'a days.
I arrived in Sydney, its bee-yoo-ti-ful and I haven't even been to the city yet.
Alright and so I packed my bags all ready to go off. But I did have excess baggage. Not a lil I tell you. My mum and I totalled 70kgs. Haha hers was bout 10 whereas mine was the rest. I don't know where, what and why the blooday bags were like so heavy. It could've been that the empty suitcases itself totalled bout 12 kgs. Damn.
But hey ABDA is the solution to excess baggage. What they offer for door to airport is just RM17 per kilo with minimum of 15 kgs. No prob la for me, easily exceeded. And that means they collect the baggage from ur house and send it to the airport and you pick it up yourself there. Not bad rite ? Beats paying 72 bucks per kilo for MAS excess and especially if you're the type that doesn't understand the meaning of pack light.
Oh but what's important is that you remember to send it a day or two earlier. Call the ppl to come a day or two earlier cuz if you don't then you'll have to return to the freight/cargo terminal AGAIN. Maafan ness I tell you.
My flight was at 6AM. Stupiak Austrian/Lauda Air or as the relos call it, Laucha Air. This was a transiting flight from Vienna to Sydney, transiting in KL. So basically mine was a direct flight there. I also wanted to try Austrian Air because its a hell lot cheaper and since I've never taken anything but MAS before and also that they were gonna stop flying soon. Might as well lar.
And OMG I've never seen so many guai lous before in KLIA. On the plane, and in the airport were those taking the same flight. And you actually wonder ; where the hell you were and whether you were in Syd already. There were only like 10 Asians on the plane or sth, that's including me and my mum summore kay. Full flight.
What you find on Austrian Air is basically :
- A lot of guai lous and guai pos
- A few lonely students also migrating to Australia, but they really look lost and confused. Even got to know this garl who studied in HELP and turns out we have mutual friends. Gosh its a small world!
- A lotta babies, for some reason. And they're really cute.
- Hot stewardesses with nice RED outfits, whether skirts or pants, with matching red stockings and shoes to boot.
- Old grannies who decide to do yoga in the aisle and when you're flying economy its damn pissing off =). this particular woman exercises and touches her toes and of all places in a plane
- Ppl who step on the armrests to get to their window or middle seats.
Don't blame them really. Its so tight and despite being a B777-200 aircraft, the seats are positioned in such a way that if you're not the type to fall under the category of slim/thin, it would be impossible for others to get into their seats. And so they step all over the armrests to get to their seats. The food is also way better than Mas. At least for me la.
The only thing is that its not really that fun to catch a flight at 6a.m. cuz have to check in by 4 and leave the house at 3 to go to airport. Equals very little sleep. As for me, slept at 10 pm sth the day before only to be woken up at 2am. Sighs not fun at all mann. Received an uber long msg, 7 msges long and super sweet. As always =) That pretty much woke me up. Had tomyam for supper/breakfast at 2am. The most disorientated day of my life basically.
Left for relos, then left for airport togeda. Had plenty-ful of problems at check-in la basically considering all the baggage.
Couldn't sleep at all in the plane due to my over-sensitivity to motion. i.e not being able to sleep in any thing moving, cars, buses, planes, trains and what not.
So got there all bleary-eyed and pissed off. But took a cab out to Liam's place and everything changed. Just the views from inside the cab, the friendly environment, the warm skies, rays of sun shining right through the window was all it took for me to lurv Syd the moment I set my eyes on it. Even if it was only a lil while.
Arrived in Kingsford. The most popular suburb for students going to uni besides Randwick. This suburb is so Asian already. Stores and stores and restaurants of Asian heritage. Everything Asian, ranging from Malaysian, indonesian, Thai, Chinese, Japanese, to Vietnamese food. And the food here is actually good. I was looking forward to craving for Malaysian food cuz like I thought when I go to Aus it'll be all western until I get so bored that I will want to just have a lil taste of our Asian culinary delights. Oh wells happy moment and craving over. I find it a lil overwhelming also, how this place has converted into a totally different environment from what it really used to be. Feels like it'd lost its flavour. But somehow only I do, and nobody else is complaining.
Made few trips to uni, its huge and I get so tired just by walking up and down the lower campus. Looks like I can definitely afford to put on more weight cuz somehow I'll lose it by climbing the oh-so-fun Basser Steps. Btw did ya know that the servings here are huge and I have somewhat of a problem trying to gobble it up and stuffing it in, in that tiny tummy of mine. Haha I wish la. Looks like an interesting place where I'm going to spend most of my 4 years here, so why not? And the people on campus, wells basically it doesn't get any more diverse than this. From guys, girls, gays, punks, lesb, old men, soft-spoken na pots, Asians, mat sallehs, the fashion conscious, the nerds, the hot, the not. Neva seen such a mix before.
But there's always gonna be a first time, and somehow I just feel, somewhere deep inside of me, that I'm gonna learn to love this place. :)
Btw never get an Aussie/ Optus prepaid. It finishes like real fast. Used AUD30 for first two days, and another AUD30 for the next two. Ex giler. Missed paying 1 sen for sms. Ish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment