That's Delta Goodrem btw. Previously I could never tell between Australian singers or American or British when it comes to English songs. Even Canadian.
Well NOW I still can't.
They probably sing it, minimalising any possible accent to avoid sounding too native. Is that possibly why I can't tell?
I'm thinking of our local scene, and the only band I can think of is Disagree. I think there's a band like that, right? Well as for them it was pretty hard to distinguish that they weren't foreign. Kudos to them? :s Nahh crapping.
That isn't the point but...
The point is bout the title. And I wanted to post about maturity and about growing up. And conversely staying young.
I tell you, its nice to tell ppl you're 18 when they think ur 21. How is that possible you tell me? BLIND AH? Esp in uni, when some locals are mature-age. (Studying in uni only after working for a few years). A lot of students in uni also support themselves without the need of the parental units. Amazing. And this includes accommodation, food, transport, education and so forth. Not cheap I tell you. Especially in Sydney.
Ohhh still 18 btw! And proud of it! HAH! Except that you're always known as 'the baby' and ppl always ask you twice if you're of age when alcohol is involved. HMMPH. Better than auntie or uncle la I tell u. *snort snort*
But even when you're 18 now - 2 years ago at 16 you're on a different level of maturity. And that amazes me. Will I be more mature than I am now, at 20? Or is it just the growing stage that every year seems to be a growing year? And yet you'll learn more next year...
Btw I'm turning 18 AGAIN next month. Don't ask.
Anyway it's like writing a diary a year ago (although I don't) and re-reading it now. And you can't believe how you've matured. You can't believe how you could have thought like that at that time. How? How could you have written such a thing? It's funny. And then you laugh about it. Or maybe shed some tears over it?
I've often thought about maturity and wisdom. And how life and its experiences shapes you into the person you are, the person you want to be. By growing old, it's not such a bad thing. Mistakes were meant to be made, but then you learn from them. A saying from Dalai Lama here - "When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
Will I be wiser five years down the road? As I walk across this path of life, I'll realise the reason for the existence of all the people around me, things I did, mistakes I made and the reason they've touched my life in some way or another.
And then I'll learn what love is. I know some ppl who jump from one boyfriend to another, afraid of loneliness, and eager for companionship. A fling is all it is. On the other hand some have ulterior motives - heard of the term goldigger? Then there are some who are so serious that you don't believe it. They just look for one person, it should be a local (non-foreigner) because they're thinking LONG-TERM. Having a partner with another citizenship just won't cut it. Travelling from one country or settling down in one place would just be too hard. Of course the other characteristics matter too. But long term can ya imagine? Amazing.
Some just wait until they find someone - and when they do they go into the relationship. Not hoping for too much, but just to see what comes out of it. just enjoying the ride and the flow you know..Then there are the others who are desperate. Will go to such lengths to get a girlfriend. Any girlfriend for that matter. Who cares? A pig in a skirt is NOT a pig. :s But how bout the ones who aren't looking? Not at all. They have sth else to look forward too. Passionate bout sth else perhaps - studies, or guitar or sports. You know with the time we have in uni, it's hard to balance so many things at one go? If you do and still ace your subjects, well congrats! Because it's a tough ride.
Then finally there's the type that will wait for the right person but will not jump into any relationship because is there a real need to?And until they find the right guy, they're going to keep accidentally breaking hearts. Not with cruel intentions at all. But at least they won't get their heart broken. Makes sense?
So which person are you? Are you happy with the one you have?
Btw, I decided I'm not turning 18 again. It'll be 19 this time. Sighhh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment