Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Of fuel and oil...

Woot! I haven’t blogged in a week! It’s been so long since I last posted and that was before I even got my UNSW offer. YAY! And so I did get what I wanted. What I’ve been waiting for so long. SO SO long. Well not really la. It was a quick decision actually but neways. I wanted to go to SYDNEY! SYDNEY! Its great to finally go and balik kampung. Cuz like every CNY I am like kampung-less. Everybody gets to go back to their respective places while I’m stuck in KL. My dad’s whole troop gang all from KL and my mum from KB which is like so far, and not very interesting. And so we spend every single CNY here.

But still, can’t wait to start uni. Can’t wait to leave, can’t wait to meet new people, discover new food, encounter different cultures, explore all the places and so much more. On the other hand, its so hard to leave the place you’ve called home for like 15 years. It’s not easy. There are so many things and sometimes you just wished you had more time.

But time waits for no man. Or woman. Can’t believe it. I have like 10 days left here. Great la.

The past few days was busy doing this and that. Sorting out accommodation, flight tickets and all. Very disappointed and still is for rejecting an accommodation offer too. It just seemed too perfect to be true. A non-student housie, working woman, wouldn’t disturb me cuz then I can hog the toilet when she’s away, she’s a woman, well yea, an Asian, a Chinese chinese who speaks English with a strong Aussie accent. That means I would’ve the best opportunity to learn to speak Mandarin. And I would also have a chance to pick up the Aus accent. Rent’s not too expensive, close to uni. New place, modern building, security, fully furnished and I can have my own space.

But when do we ever get what we want? Oh well, its gone and no use complaining bout it la. Things like that always happen to me what. Hmph. Missed chances.

Besides having enuff time to pack, there are also a lot more things I had to sort out and one of them was driving. Must get P before I go. I don’t care. So me and Yang headed to the bangi place again. Turns out a lot of people actually re-sit the test. Oh wells, a lot of familiar faces.

Neway, got to know another garl and her story was really touching. Thought about it for a long time. Didn’t know how lucky I was. She was just like a random stranger but she told me bout why she was so SAD after we both passed the parking test. All this in fluent Cantonese on her part and the occasional bits of Mandarin when I went like ‘Huh?’. Turns out her English is mediocre or below average and she can only speak in Canto. Oh wells, must follow suit ma. Super hard. But yea she did tell me why she was ‘hen kong bu’ after the test. Felt damn bad for her. She’s a nice person and I know she doesn’t deserve this. Thought about it and maybe it was time I didn’t take life so for granted, and get my bloody fat ass to not shake leg so much. This sentence doesn’t really make much sense.

But then once again I got into an emo bout again. I’ve been doing this all week. Ish get out of your senses woman! All this thanks to emo ppl, emo songs and what not la.

After driving we took a KTM back to MV then cab back to house. First time I took a KTM. OMG the KTM is so SLOOWW. It’s like there are times when you just feel like getting to the front of the train and try to drive it yourself. And believe me, I had the urge to do it more than once. Haihs, when we finally got out, I was like restless di.

Went back to Popo’s. She taught me how to cook. I know we all say our grandma’s the best cook ever, but haha you’re wrong. Mine’s the best la. I really admire my Popo la. She’s not that young, she’s 76 like my dad says, but sometimes he also can’t remember wan. I think he just gave some random number. But she’s around that age, and she’s still going strong. She’s strong both physically and mentally. She’s quite active for her age, don’t compare to some young athlete la, but hey she’s does way more walking and exercising than me. Which is zero for me. So like everything bigger than zero rite? Yea, and she also used to smoke. Which she managed to get out of that badd habit. Its VERY hard to quite smoking, I know that. Do you know anyone else who has quit? I do but not many. That proves to me that she’s got damn strong willpower la.

And did I say she’s a great cook already? That’s why I’m kinda like taking a crash course from her or sth. I’ll never be a pro like that la. Her cooking a bit the complicated haha and all do the pro way wan, through touch and taste kinda thing. I’ll neva measure up to that but hu cares la? Not like I wanna win cooking competition or nething. Just wanna be able to survive haha. And their maid is like totally hopeless. Not to mention after being with Popo for 2 years, she can hardly cook ne dishes. That’s what they all said la. But then again, Popo has very high standards. Not only that, this maid is like BLIND at night. Erm like literally la. God knows what is wrong with her. I thought when the maids come here they have to like fill a form with questions or sth. Maybe she lied on this one.

Anda BISA melihat pada waktu malam?

Stupiak fella, but she’s quite funny to watch. Think she’s under 5 feet and has AFRO hair. Hehe cute? NOT. Always give headaches to Popo wan. Poor Popo. And once again, I drift outta topic when I was talking about…


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


cooking. Yes cooking is so different from eating it. My favourite pastime. When eating all I do is comment and criticize whereas for cooking, you actually get to see the whole process from raw food to what you see on the table. Duhh la, but..

Haha, its different la.

This is such a long and draggy post I know but hey, its my rantings.

Neways, I really should start packing. Its 10 days away.

1 comment:

Sung said...

I got a blog and i'm not under ur friend list?!!! AND I DIDN"T EVEN KNOW BOUT THE BLOG!!#!#!#!# I Got UNSW also!! haha. But going to ADelaide lah..