Sunday, November 18, 2007

If Another Person Mentions to Me that they're going to Melbourne...

I'll edit this post for later cuz' I have to get ready and shower

* EDIT EDIT *

So yes, I started off the post two days ago I think, and I haven't had time to properly sit down and finish publishing a post. But yes today is a great day and it seems like I will finish it finally.

Hmm ok yess today they're no shopping commitments, gym commitments, food commitments, uni commitments etc. Or at least I postponed it to a later date. I want one day after exam where I can just sit freely for the whole day and just do nothing - just bludge but not sure whether that is gonna happen. Even today I tried to do that but later probably not cuz' a certain someone is flying off soon so must entertain him la first.

I'll have lotza free time I'd reckon after this - after evbd has gone home to their loving FAMILIES, FRIENDS, and PETS. Oh well evbd is going home so early. Yet I must be one of the earliest to finish exams DAYMN. But oh wells the academic calendar stated that final exams were on the 9th to 27th NOV. So being the logical me, I thought I'd give myself sometime to pack, shop, prepare for home etc. etc. So about one WEEK after the exams, i.e 4th Dec would be a pretty good time to go home. Right ?

Nahhh, I didn't know it meant that we start exams on the 9th thats right - but end on the 15th! Bahhh commerce. Exams were almost back-to-back. Equals... you have to know the subjects way before the exam start and commencing studies during the exam week would be quite a wrong thing to do.

Uni is crazy right - they give you 3.5 months, (14 weeks ) and expect you to know everything you need to know about the subject content i.e learn the fundamentals, basic principles of how the whole Australian economy operates (macroeconomics) in just 3 months. Every week is a completely new chapter to devour. The textbook doesn't exactly help. Being thick, lengthy and detailed as it is. Yes I know every university is the same and everybody goes through the same thing, but PLEASE. PLEASE. JUST, just..give me a lil' space to whine. Phew!

Guess what? Next year, the uni calendar year is gonna be shortened. Therefore, we have to be even faster in learning. Of course it doesn't help that we're advancing to a new undergrad year, 2nd year. The penultimate year for most commerce students, but not me considering that I want to lengthen my life in uni. WHY WHY WHY?!

But yes, altho' I keep complaining and such, I don't regret my decision of joining commerce. Never did. From my perspective, it was way more interesting than science. I just couldn't imagine myself working in a lab/ factory/ hospital for the rest of my life. It just WOULDN'T work. Yes what I would love to do, instead was wear one of those formal black pantsuits giving presentations, travelling around the world, sponsored by the company. Too high realisation? Hmm just what I think. I already am tall enough to wear one of those suits anyway. Heeheee.

Due to contrary belief, commerce is not easy. It's just different from science. Don't know how to explain the logic. I've done science before so I can say this. Science is fact, and believing in science is believing what is right. Commerce is just so subjective, no right, no wrong. No right concept to figuring sumthink out etc. Some subjects need more understanding, some logic, and some just mugging - like biology. Damned I was never good at mugging. Hmm I'll continue this later.

No comments: