Sunday, November 25, 2007

251107

Ho-hum. I kinda forgot what I wanted to write or continue about so yeah - I will do that later. I just realised I have so much more to do before I go home. Yikes!

Well I'll just update the blog on what's new. Hmmm

For one, I totally forgot about the federal elections yesterday. My other remaining housemate just reminded me yesterday - if not I would hv totally forgotten. But who can blaim me? My only reason to remember the elections yesterday were the voucher I got for 6 free Krispy Kreme donuts in which I forgot about as well. Should HAVE marked that with a big sign on my calendar. Haihhh.

Blehh I can't believe I forgot. I could've played a part in choosing our NEW Prime Minister. Yes NEW. Kevin Rudd's party won the election you see?

Oh well.

Now don't think I have nth else better to do than to vote - in the elections of a country I 've only lived for bout less than one year of my life. Plus another two when I was a young kid and had no idea where I was. Or what I was doing as a matter of fact.

Well it's compulsory right - here, to register as a voter when you turn 18. If you're a citizen that is. So oh well. But I still forgot neway. Hope they're not gonna fine me. Or worse, put me to jail.

Yupp instead what I was doing yesterday was visiting the dentist. Hmm for a scaling and cleaning procedure. It's funny tho - when you have a scaling and cleaning thing done, you find out food that you SUDDENLY remember eating - like hey that was from the Korean Hot Pot from Gourmet Tofu in July, and that was from the rare Roti Prata that I decided to cook that fine Sunday morning.

Gross.

Nah, just kidding. As if you can remember.

But dentists here are exorbitant. A normal procedure like that in Malaysia would cost you around RM200 I think. Well now it's AUD200 plus, and our currency is 3 times right.

:(

Thankfully it's covered by my private health insurance - IF NOT...

And then after that I decided to shop for sth for my dad. Went to the camping shop - almost wanted to buy something, until the lady, a friendly Australian lady in her mid thirties maybe, was so friendly and told me a whole lotta things bout her life as a student. And she knows I am one, so I am on a strict student budget. (Yup, I am - something like that)

SO she told me that I might want to try Peter's of Kensington - it's sorta like a small mall/dept store - sells mostly chinaware and kitchen appliances but thought I might give it a go.

So I took a bus - could've walked but seriously? In the hot scorching summer - I think not. Went to Peter's - yep found what I was looking for, it was X'mas sales and everybody was running everywhere - it was packed like a very packed can of sardines, IMO. The queue ran till upstairs.

I did find what I was looking for, but I didn't buy that because surprisingly the camping shop was cheaper. So maybe I shall return to it sometime today or tmr (it might be closed today being Sunday) However, I bought a whole lotta other things. Which in hindsight, I probably didn't really need which made me cry after that. Not really but yea - deep down inside.

Blerhh I think I've been splurging a lot on unnecessary items I didn't really need recently. Not clothes, clothes I will wear. It's just the other things. HO-hum.

Later I'm going to join the kids for Spanish somewhere in the city. So HUNGRY now...

EVERYBODY is seriously going home. Haih.

After mid next week, it'll be re-runs of Home Alone 9.

Someone better come and visit me. Hmmph.

No comments: