Its already Week 3 of uni! 2nd week for tutes. Met some interesting and great people. And not so great ones too. But its fun because:
In kindi n primary school :
- You meet ppl from around the district, like for me when I went to Sri inai, evbd was from round Ampang, Setapak, Wangsa Maju n the like. All close close la.
In secondary school :
- You meet ppl from all around the state i.e. KL n Selangor. Everywhere around KL. Hartamas, D.U, P.J. SEA, Bangsar, Puchong, Serdang, Segambut, Jinjang, Kajang. You name it la we have it. Especially when it is a good school, yea sure. One that stands head and shoulders above the rest maybe?
In college :
- Its all bout meeting people from all over the country. Yea mann. From Perlis to Alor Setar to N.S to Melaka right down to J.B and all over to Kuching, K.K and the like.
No-no's when meeting ppl from Sarawak and East Malaysia: (Speaking thru experience, haha)
is to ask them which 'group' they belong to. Being not-as-cultured as I thought I was, first thing I did was to ask them like where mar ? The group ? Like Iban, Kadazan, or Melanau, Bajau that kindof thing. Turns out, that rule only applied to aborigines, like Bumiputera aborigines. Hmm.
Zara's answer : "Modern Chinese laaa. What group ?"$!!!?@@
In uni :
I guess this is the maximum di, but hey! You get to meet ppl from all over the world, like seriously all over the world lorh. France, U.S, Australia of course, more Msians, Singaporeans, Thai, Mainland Chinese, Koreans, Japs, Indos and the list goes on and on.
uni, uni, uni
Liberal socialist clubs in uni..
Also : you really get to experience so many different cultures. Gotta get used to the Aussie slang. And for first-timers like me it can be a lil overwhelming, the whole culture shock. One month after I arrived here, great great experience : the Mardi Gras 07. Tis' true, the Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras has grown from a local gay pride event to being arguably the most spectacular gay and lesbian event in the world. At least that's what it says here.
The start of the event.
Waiting waiting, and this fella keeps taking pics of the stickers on my face. Dunno for what reason la.
The city was like really really packed.
Some people had to climb a tree to get a good view.
Cupids I think.
The electoral roll is a list of all people who are registered to vote in Australian elections. In Australia, all citizens over the age of 18 must enrol to vote. It is compulsory by law to enrol and compulsory by law to attend a polling place at election time.
I am an Aussie citizen. Turned 18. And well turns out I am on the electoral roll. Therefore, I must vote. I know when it is, state elections are on the 24th of March. Yea all that is good. I am voting in the State seat of Coogee. That's really good to know too. I only have one problem. Erm, like who ? I don't even know who is running. Shall do research or sth I guess. Feels so mature I guess, to vote.
Camwhore time :
Lookies, new addition to my collection. Lurrve the ring :)Ohh and bout kingsford and my new place :



3 comments:
wahahahah! i found you! but then... how the hell didja find me first??? hahaha! anyway, i know ur having fun around here, but dont play too much til forget to study! and dont be so blur and forgetful! ur an adult now! well... young adult. hehehe.. buzz me if u need anything... or u got anything else Rocky! hahahha!
hey babe
you look beautiful
can't see the ring though
but doesn't matter, i'll just end up looking at ur face only
Hey! HAving fun in sydney lah...Haha
Post a Comment