Well, the food here is just chunted lar. Suei, they’ll tell ya’..Cuz when you’re in Thailand, eat what the Thais eat marr. So coming here, first thing I wanted to try out is the Tom Yam Goong. What is the authentic Thai version? How hot or sour is it? Well, being the so pohh I am, I took the opportunity to try out AS MUCH tom yam as I can while I was here. Madness-lar. Is their tom yam really that hot? Nolar actually I feel it’s quite tasty. The diff with Msian’s one and the Thais one is that the thais use erm more herbs and spices. And damn chun lar. I think in the 4 days I was here, 3 days I makan tomyam bout 5 times. And so far, no diarrhoea yet =).Other things you must not miss, green curry, pad thai, and the chicken thingy with pandan leaves. Nyamms..
Look at the pizzas here, they're so nice and huge. 2 slices can barely fit in a plate. And thin crust summore. Nth beats that lar really.
Ohh, and they have all the other varieties also. French, Italian, Spanish, Egyptian, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, you name it, they have larh. Even Malaysian. But that day I saw they sell roti canai with sum curry and stuff. Guess how much. Baht 100. OMG. That’s bout RM 11 mannn. Hais, looks like I must go back to "Boss " at the local mamak’s.
This is just ONE of the canggih-manggih food courts you can find in Thailand, name's Food Loft
SHOPPING & PLACES TO VISIT
You will never get bored in Thailand. Seriously. How can ya? So many shopping malls, and other great places lar. Among them that I went to, Central Chitlom, MBK, Siam Center, Siam Paragon. Also I went to a few markets, Chatuchak Weekend Market, Damnoen Saddek Floating Market, Suan Lum Night Bazaar. If you’re looking for something more specific, I would recommend the malls and department stores because they are more focused and it's easier to look for a certain type of clothing. I especially liked Central Chitlom, 7 floors of organised and centralised shopping. Its very senang cuz they like house all the brands on one floor.
at the food and beer garden in Suan Lum
But the markets lehh, the things there are cheap mann. Everything, but you must know how to haggle lorr. Some of them ah, damn pissing off weii.. They know you’re tourists so they purposely cut YOUR throat. So gotta careful lor. And don't buy anything from the floating market, DAMN EX when you can get it at the night bazaars for much cheaper price kayy. Just go to the floating markets for experience. You’ll never get that anywhere else in the world.
hermss, traffic jam at the busy Damnoen Saddek Floating Market. Where all the tourists come and bargain for best prices, and get RIPPED OFF at the same time...
This is the Chatuchak weekend market. Opens on weekends only, duhh. Its bloody
big HUGE. 35,000 stalls to be exact. Impossible to cover. Just don't bother larrh.
Also, must try the Thai massage and spa. But I didn’t have the time to try that out, my trip being a short one where most of my time was spent on retail therapy, so yea. And the nightlife also is great. I went to this Suan Lum Night Bazaar (sth like our pasar malam, only much bigger, and better). There was this place called the food and beer garden near there. And a live concert by these sexy Thai chicks who don’t sing English very well. Live concert weii. For free. I even took a video of that, but malas to upload via you tube. But if you want, I can send you larrh, just message me. Neways like how good is that? But I didn’t have the time and the opportunity to visit the red light district area as recommended by Allen. No, I didn’t see any strippers but I saw some transvestites here and there. They’re everywhere. Hmz, their square jawlines give away evrything larr.
With that said, Bangkok is just a great place to stay lar (ok I’m repeating myself again). But although Bangkok was great, KL is better. Some parts lar at least.
That’s all. Wow, it takes a freakishly long time to blog. Sighz! Have a feeling I’m not going to write-up again. See lar, if I got good mood I sure write wan.
*This educational awareness program is brought to you by LeeNa*



No comments:
Post a Comment